Monday, February 25, 2008

The Staggering Evil of My Phone Company

One of the value added services I provide to my clients is to have a look at their phone and Internet bills in order to hopefully give them an option that saves them money or gives them more of a bang for their buck. Only after reviewing no less than 200 plans and bills have I begun to realize that the telephone companies do their best to make these plans and services as confusing as possible. To make matters worse, in their attempts to clarify their billing and itemizing charges they actually confused the consumer more. I get to say this because the review and renewal of my own plan just came up and I find myself looking for someone to explain why I made the switch to AT&T from TDS Metrocom to begin with.

I was offered a plan that saved me money for one whole year, and now I either get to argue over rate hikes or I get to go through the hassle of changing providers again.

Here's a thought, be competitive and be fair with your pricing. Then try laying information out in a manner that can be easily understood. You would be amazed how successful this makes you and the high level of customer retention you maintain.

No comments: